Thursday, June 08, 2017

"Double-Wide" Radio

I attended Wake Forest University from the Fall of 1995 to the Spring of 1997 and ten years later I created the Double Wide radio station to reflect the character of the music that was current when I lived in Winston-Salem, North Carolina. I first created this station in 2007 and I initially included the artist seeds Blues Traveler, Dave Matthews, Ben Harper as well as a few others. When I returned to this station in 2015 I deleted Josh Rouse and the String Cheese Incident so that the songs featured here would reflect the kind of music that was popular at the time. This is what I find most exciting about Pandora, even though they the CEO of Rhapsody called it a "passive music-listening experience" today on the Fox Business Network. I could not disagree more ! Pandora has allowed me to create stations such as this one which has a unique flavor, a musical palette consisting of four interesting artists that I did not know a whole lot about prior to the dawn of online streaming. It's also notable that I do not collect these artist's recordings, as I find their song hard to distinguish apart from each other (June 2nd, 2015). https://www.pandora.com/station/play/231650414044948654

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home