Thursday, April 13, 2017

Polynomial Dance-C Radio

I ORIGINALLY CREATED THIS STATION IN 2007, PAIRING APHEX TWIN WITH FATBOY SLIM AS A KIND OF JOKE. IF YOU REMEMBER, IT USED TO FEATURE THE COMBINATION OF OUR JAZZ / ELECTRONICA FETISHES, SUCH THAT YOUR BINARY SPLIT WAS THELONIOUS MONK/AFX AND MINE WAS CHET BAKER/FATBOY - I GUESS WE EACH PICKED HEROES OF A KIND AND HAD TASTES THAT WERE PLOTTED ALONG THE SAME OVERARCHING TRAJECTORY. ANYHOW, I GOT RID OF THE JAZZ FIGURES AND IT WAS JUST AFX/FATBOY RADIO WHICH WAS GOOD FOR A WHILE, BUT SOMETHING DIDN'T SIT WELL WITH ME ABOUT IT. IT WAS TOO HEAVY, IT DIDN'T REALLY MOVE THE WAY I WANTED. SO THEN I ADDED MADONNA'S "HUNG UP" AS A SONG SEED AND NOW I CANNOT GET ENOUGH OF THIS STATION. I THINK I'M GOING TO RE-NAME THIS STATION POLYNOMIAL DANCE "C" IN YOUR HONOR. THIS STATION'S CONSCIOUSNESS IS DEDICATED TO THE TURF WAR AS EXEMPLIFIED IN THE CONFUSION BETWEEN STRUCTURAL RIGHTS OF OWNERSHIP (MATHEMATICS) AND THE PHILOSOPHICAL CLAIM ON THE CONSTRUCTION OF THE PROBLEM (DANCE). SUMMER 2007 I returned to this station seven years later and added another song seed, Madonna's "Erotica", specifically the Underground Tribal Beats dance mix, which is really incredible and populates this station with all kinds of interesting dance tracks. In addition, I have decided to give "thumbs-down" to all songs by The Prodigy and "thumbs-up" to all songs by Dean Wareham, who I added to this mix (December 4, 2014). http://www.pandora.com/station/225417574684862638 The new configuration of Pandora's website eliminates station descriptions, so I guess this will have to be the last such entry on my user blog, "The Catholic Life of the Heart." It's possible there may be others I can retrieve from my G-mail entry database !?! (April 13, 2017)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home