Monday, August 29, 2016

Prince Dynamite Radio

ORIGINALLY I DUG THE IDEA OF PUTTING WEEN AND PRINCE TOGETHER, BUT I EVENTUALLY SETTLED ON THE IDEA OF CREATING A STATION THAT COMBINED THE MUSIC OF PRINCE AND BIG AUDIO DYNAMITE. THIS STATION WAS MY ATTEMPT TO RE-CREATE THE HODGEPODGE OF INFLUENCES THAT SHAPED MIDDLE-CLASS KIDS GROWING UP IN THE 1980s. IN SOME WAYS IT IS A SUCCESS, WE'LL SEE EVENTUALLY. I SUPPOSE IT PROVIDES A CLEAR ENOUGH PICTURE SO THAT THE PORTRAIT OF THE ARTIST AS A YOUNG MAN IS DISCERNIBLE. IN 2010 I ADDED STEVE WINWOOD TO PROVIDE A CLASSY POP SENSIBILITY FOR THIS STATION. STEVE WINWOOD WAS DELETED AND MARK RONSON'S DANCE MUSIC WAS ADDED IN 2012. I created this station in 2007 and I returned to it nine years later in 2016 and I decided to delete Mark Ronson and add Charlie Haden and Dave Holland, who are two jazz musicians I'd like to hear more of. After listening to this station for a couple of days, it became clear to me that PRINCE's music has been pulled from Pandora; he is not available on Spotify, either. Indeed, his best albums are not available on Amazon,com also. Prince, please come back to us! (August 4, 2016). http://www.pandora.com/station/229234400451668142

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home