Thursday, May 25, 2017

What happens to Habeas Corpus if it happens here ?

QUESTION: I think that if a bombing like the one that happened in Manchester U.K. happened in America, we would go to extremes, like throwing the writ of habeas corpus out the window and locking up suspected radical Muslims indiscriminately. What do you think ? ========== A.M. responds: I don't think that would happen. But I do support a moratorium on moslem immigration and deportation of non-citizen moslems. ========== J.H. responds: He was home grown. Not an immigrant. Byproduct of all the hate going on. Immigration policies and oppression only make these events more likely to occur. My beliefs are very hippy-like lol. Immigration really should be less of an issue. Crime prevention should be the focus and people erroneously think there's a correlation with immigration. Crime prevention should be the focus and people erroneously think there's a correlation with immigration. I don't take any of it personally though. Terrorism has been going in for thousands of years. Mostly because of religion and poverty. On not in. Look at Ireland. Once upon a time that country was bombing itself all the time. I have said all along a stadium attack here would be insane. But honestly, NYC is main target and the city works hard to make Muslims feel welcome. But one can get through the cracks very easily. Only way to prevent is through effective communication, community events, organizing, education, and social welfare. It's really the truth. Punishment doesn't prevent crimes. It just pauses them. Alternative sentencing, rehabilitation, should be focus. Our overall wellbeing and safety depends on how we treat our sick and poor. That's my 2 cents. ----------- gee, you really are a hippie ! ====== J.H.: I told you. I am in criminal court nonstop. I really see what works and what doesn't. ----- A.N.: i guess you thought casey anthony should get off too ? ===== J.H.: No opinion on Anthony, but I'm ok with o.j. getting off. ===== A.N.: ha ha ! stumped you, counselor. OJ - the trial should have taken place in Brentwood, CA ! ----- J.H.: I am a detail oriented attorney. I prefer not to make determinations if I don't have most of the facts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home