Monday, February 01, 2016

Wild Children Radio

I created this station in 2007 and my intention, as I originally conceived it, was to create a station devoted to the "Wild Children" of the blues, specifically Van Morrison and Graham Parker, but later expanded to include Jeffrey Gaines and Larry McMurtry. I then decided that I would give a "thumbs-up" to all of those artists who I felt represented a "Blues-Pop" aesthetics. Plus I incorporated several Van Morrison song seeds, such as "Whenever God Shines His Light" and "Haunts of Ancient Peace" -- this caused much confusion in the station's play, and so these song seeds were removed. I returned to this station seven years later, in 2014, and added Peter Case, John Hiatt and Ryan Adams, performers who I also consider to be wild children of the blues and artists I yearn to hear more from (October 2014). UPDATE: I deleted Peter Case as an artist seed, as I don't find his work after his album "The Man With the Blue Guitar" to be all that compelling (August 18, 2015).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home