Monday, February 01, 2016

a "Fantasy"

Dear Ivar, ..... and while I think Aqualung, Living in the Past, Benefit and Stand Up are better albums in the sense that they are greater artistic achievements, my personal favorite JETHRO TULL album is "The Broadsword and the Beast." This album is Tull's best-selling album in Germany and is perhaps the best "Fantasy" album ever recorded. (I am thinking of fantasy in terms of the purlieus of Dungeons & Dragons kinds of activities.)========================== I suppose the real reason for sending this email was something that happened to me last night. Do you recall my blog-post where I said that I experience a "spiritual song" each night, just after or immediately prior to I take my evening's Risperdal ? Well, I had a box of Jethro Tull CDs purchased from Amazon.com, which I received in August of 2015 and for the last few week's, in the month of January 2016, I have been listening to various discs by this same group, mostly from the 1970s, but also two discs from the 80s and one from the 90s, and I said to myself last night, "You are enjoying this music so much, it would be a shame to wait another twelve months or more to open that package and play those CDs." I followed this thought as directed, as if by a sort of 'command 'and proceeded to empty my living room closet where I had various bags of CDs, some of them containing assortments of CDs that are sealed, and also about several packages from Amazon which I have yet to open, dating from as far back as October of 2014.========================= I soon found a box which I thought was the one I sought, as it was marked with the inscription, "J.T. 2 X 2" and when I opened it I found the specific items I had wanted to obtain, the deluxe editions of the Tull albums "A PASSION PLAY" and "WAR CHILD" -- both of which contain 2 CDs and 2 DVDs, as well as the CDs for Thick as a Brick, Living in the Past, Living With the Past and Ian Anderson plays the Orchestral Jethro Tull -- I could gush on about these individual discs and their genesis and place in the Tull catalogue, but I feel these details would be extraneous -- and so I quickly made plans to retrieve my small green Eddie Bauer bag from my bedroom closet and bring these packages to my mother this weekend to show her. I recall I specifically thought about how I would explain to her that, historically, what is known as a 'passion play' is, essentially, a dramatic narrative concerning Christ's death and resurrection and how I would play for her part of Jethro Tull's concept-album "A Passion Play" if she was willing to listen to it for a few minutes. Upon seeing all these various discs assembled upon my living room table, I decided to wait at least two weeks to bring over the Jethro Tull items and that, for this coming weekend, I would bring over the five John Lennon/Yoko Ono CDs and the six Jon Spencer CDs, all of which are remarkable packages and come with a great deal of interesting photography and artwork.========================= Well, to make an overlong story short, I was waiting for last night's 'spiritual song' to come on just prior to the time I had appointed in my mind at which I should take my medicine, a time that was fixed according to my rigid regimen, where I eat a cup of yogurt 30 minutes before I take my oral medication. I fix the time much earlier in my mind during the previous day and specifically for the requirements of the following day; in this case I had to take my meds at 2:45 AM, which would ensure that I would fall asleep precisely at 3:30 AM, as Randy Byron, my case manager from CMHS, was scheduled to visit my apartment at 1 PM today (which is a little earlier than usual, he typically sees me at 2 PM on Thursdays, not 1 PM on Fridays) -- anyhow I was waiting for the foreordained spiritual song to begin and the 'track' that came up on my iPod was "The Story of Hare that Lost His Spectacles" -- one of the two songs that comprise the entirety of Jethro Tull's "A Passion Play", which I bought used in 2008 when I was living in New Milford NJ, and which I decided in 2013 or 2014 that I would refrain from downloading onto my HP laptop (the computer I purchased after moving to Mass. in 2012) -- would refrain, at least until I had acquired the new Deluxe Edition of Passion Play with two CDs and two DVDs. FOR MORE DETAILS ABOUT HOW GOD SPEAKS TO ME THROUGH IAN ANDERSON/JETHRO TULL'S MUSIC, SEE THE FOLLOWING LINK: http://andrewbnoselliwriting.blogspot.com/2014/06/homo-erratic.html

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home