Friday, December 25, 2015

Blues Rock radio

FOR ME, THE PINNACLE OF BLUES ROCK WOULD BE THE BAR I WENT TO IN THE "COLLEGE TOWN" OF MISSOULA, MONTANA IN THE SUMMER OF 1996. I WOULD IMAGINE THAT ALL OF THESE SONGS WERE SELECTED BECAUSE THEY WOULD SOUND GOOD IN THAT SETTING. I THINK JEFF HEALEY'S "ANGEL EYES" IS THE ONE OF THE GREATEST THINGS I HEARD THRU PANDORA. SIMPLY AMAZING ! This station was created in 2007 and it originally featured Gregg Allman, Dire Straits, Jeff Healey and Stevie Ray Vaughn, plus a couple of song seeds like Eric Clapton's "Double Trouble" and "Heavy Fuel" by Dire Straits. I returned to this station eight years later and decided to make it the ultimate white-boy blues station. (For black blues, please see my Clapton's Blues, Van Morrison Blues, Blues Club and Blues Performers stations.) I decided that Dire Straits wasn't really a blues band and so I moved them over to my Beachcombing radio station. Joe Bonamassa, who I was first exposed to thru Pandora, was added as an artist seed on February 9, 2015. I will be purchasing five CDs from him on my birthday, as he is quickly becoming my favorite guitarist after Jimi Hendrix, Frank Zappa and Carlos Santana. Lastly, I added Kenny Wayne Shepherd as a final artist seed and Johnny Winter's "Mama Talk to Your Daughter" as a final song seed. I think this station rocks and I never get tired of it! (March 23, 2015) UPDATE: I removed the song seeds by Clapton and Dire Straits. I also deleted the song seed from Johnny Winter, who I decided to add as an artist seed, and I resolved to uncheck all song selections by all three of these artists. Oh yeah, I also deleted Gregg Allman, who I decided was overwhelming the song selections chosen by Pandora for this station. I decided to listen to this station all night, on January 25th, 2016. http://www.pandora.com/station/224552967703406766

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home