Monday, February 01, 2016

Heavy Things Radio

THE HEAVIEST SONGS IN THE ROCK PANTHEON ASSEMBLE WHEN I INPUT THE HEAVIEST SONG OF ALL TIME, THE BEATLES PERFORMING LENNON'S YER BLUES. I INJECTED TODD RUNDGREN TO MIX THINGS UP AND TO GIVE YOU A BREAK FROM THE ALL THE HEAVINESS. I'M NOT THRILLED THAT RUNDGREN'S UTOPIA SIDE PROJECT KEEPS POPPING UP, AT FIRST I COULD TOLERATE IT NOW I GIVE IT THE THUMBS DOWN. INSTEAD, GIVE ME CREAM, HENDRIX, DOORS, LED ZEP - HEAVY STUFF ! MAYBE I CAN ADAPT THE RUNDGREN SELECTIONS INTO A KIND OF HEAVY-MINDED APPROACH TO ELECTRONIC MUSIC, A LA HIS "LIARS" SOLO ALBUM. OR MAYBE PANDORA IS SMART ENOUGH TO FIGURE OUT THAT I DON'T WANT THE ULTRA-PROGRESSIVE PRE-DIGITAL FLIMSY STUFF ? LET'S HOPE SO ! (2008) ..... Five years have passed since I first conceived this station and I have made the following changes. As stated above, this station is formed around some of the heaviest songs ever from the 1960s: "Yer Blues", "Young Man Blues", Machine Gun" and "Spoonful". I've also added three songs by the Stooges: "1969", "T.V. Eye" and "Gimme Danger". I have added Todd Rundgren's Utopia as an artist seeds and I also included is "The Last Ride" as a song seed. Finally, Laughing Hyenas, Nirvana and Iron Butterfly were added as artist seeds. NOW THIS STATION PLAYS THE HEAVIEST MUSIC ON PANDORA ! (2013) Ten years after the creation of this station, I deleted Todd Rundgren as the primary artist seed because I got tired of hearing Carole King songs on this station, and I also removed Iron Butterfly and added "In-a-Gadda-da-Vida" as a song seed (January 1, 2016). Update: I added Jon Spencer's Blues Explosion AND The Black Keys as artist seeds. Like me, he's a bohemian college student (he went to Brown, while I graduated from Bard) who's obsessed with Elvis and the history of rock and roll. I deleted "Yer Blues" and "Young Man Blues" as they were causing this station to play Classic Rock only. I want to mix things up ! (I listened to this station all night on January 28, 2015.) http://www.pandora.com/station/169486075309893806

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home