Monday, February 01, 2016

Blues Performers Radio

THIS IS A STATION DEDICATED TO PERFORMERS OF ELECTRIC BLUES MUSIC, SPECIFICALLY WITH THE BLUES MUSIC OF JOHN HAMMOND, ROY BUCHANAN AND PAUL BUTTERFIELD IN MIND. I FIRST CONCEIVED THIS STATION IN 2007 AND I WAS FREQUENTLY PLAYING JIMI HENDRIX'S THEN-ISSUED CD CALLED, SIMPLY, "BLUES" AND THUS I INCLUDED HENDRIX'S "ONCE I HAD A WOMAN BLUES" AS A SONG SEED IN THE HOPES THAT PANDORA WOULD HIGHLIGHT JIMI'S BLUES REPERTOIRE ON THIS STATION TOO. THIS IS THE FIRST GREAT STATION IN THE "ANDREW B. NOSELLI PRESENTS THE BLUES" SET OF STATIONS. SEE HOW MANY OF THEM YOU CAN LISTEN TO ! In 2012, after I moved from NJ to MA, I returned to this station and added Albert Collins and Albert King, and I added Freddie King in 2015. Final update: I listened to this station all night on January 29th, 2016. I am contemplating adding Hendrix's "Red House" because I think this is his best blues workout on record but I'm worried that it will cause this station to play too much Classic Rock. This station rocks hard as is ! http://www.pandora.com/station/225063300012484782

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home