Monday, February 01, 2016

Classic Reggae Radio

I created this station in NJ in June 2007 and I returned to it seven years later. At first it only was a Bob Marley station and it grew from there. First I added Jimmy Cliff's music to the mix, then I added Gregory Isaacs, whose song called "Night Nurse" was featured on my "Grooveyard" reggae music CD, which expanded my view of reggae beyond Bob Marley when I was in high school. I gradually added more artists, including UB40 and Black Uhuru, plus several song seeds from Bob Marley such as "Trench Town Rock", "One Love/People Get Ready", "The Heathen", "Guiltiness", "So Much Things to Say" and "Natural Mystic". I also added today the song seeds "Police and Thieves" by Junior Murvin as well as "Two Sevens Clash" by Culture, both of which I will keep as long as it takes for these tracks to appear on this station (October 9, 2014) http://www.pandora.com/station/222701424481970350

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home