Wednesday, December 12, 2018

Wednesday's Response:

Check out what Jeremy Good said about me ! Jeremy wrote: Andrew, When I think of you, I think of a person who is just a mess of contradictions. Probably you think of them as complexities and are proud of them. I just think of them as weaknesses and inconsistencies. You're the Marxist who believes in the stock market, you're the whoremonger who wants prostitution to be illegal, you're the 911 conspiracist who is also a patriot. Probably "postmodern Christianity" is itself an oxymoron. What would I have you watch, you ask? I can't even get you to listen to a song I think is good, let alone direct your television watching. If you and I were to watch an hour of anything opinionated, we'd probably come away with different opinions. Read the New Yorker, from cover to cover, every week, then we'll have things of substance to talk about. Hot button issues aren't interesting to me. You like Fox News because you share the prejudices of a typical Fox news listener. You are basically a white chauvinist paternalistic patriarchal bore, but of course you like Hugo Chavez and Bobby Jindal and voted for Obama.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home