Tuesday, October 12, 2010

My 4 GB iPod

I got my 4 GB iPod for Christmas in 2008. I first had a lot of classical music on it and Charlie Parker, but I gradually changed it radically. It went through many stages, at one time it had a lot of Joni Mitchell, too. I still use it every day, from the time Mike Francesa's radio show goes off (6:30 pm) to about 10:00 pm. That's when I start listening to my new 16 GB iPod. So, anyhow, I won't be changing my 4 GB iPod around anymore, as I have deleted the playlist. I like it the way it is now; this is how it stands:

A.J. Weberman - Telephone conversation with Bob Dylan - just a 30 second clip, I found it on the internet. Ivar downloaded the whole conversation for me and put it on a disc.

Al Green - "Jesus is Waiting"

The Beatles - I included every song from the Hey Jude album, which I still have on LP, featuring the Beatles dressed up in stylish clothes.

Billy Preston - "That's the Way God Planned It"

Bob Dylan - At Budokan, Million Faces at My Feet, Woodstock 94

Bob Marley - Natty Dread

Boz Scaggs - "Thanks to You"

Chet Baker - On a Misty Night, Lonely Star, CB Sings It Could Happen to You

Chicago - Chicago III - downloaded from iTunes

The Cure - "In Between Days"

David Bowie - "Life on Mars?" - a live version from the deluxe Aladdin Sane double-CD set.

Dire Straits - Brothers in Arms

Elton John - "If there's a God in heaven (What's he waiting for)"

Eric Clapton - Pilgrim

Eric Clapton & Steve Winwood - Live at Madison Square Garden

George Harrison - All Things Must Pass

George Harrison & Bob Dylan - The Concert for Bangladesh

Gillian Welch - "Look at Miss Ohio"

Gnarls Barkley - "Crazy" - my mother loves this song, too.

Grateful Dead - Europe 72, Skull and Roses, Digital Downloads Vol. 1 (Live at the Palladium), plus various songs, including "Standing on the Moon", two versions of "Easy Wind", "Candyman" and "Friend of the Devil" from Dead Set, etc.

Jethro Tull - Aqualung, Roots to Branches, Catfish Rising

Jimi Hendrix - Are You Experienced?

Jimmy Buffett - A1A, "Bama Breeze", "Brahma Fear"

John Lennon - the songs from Shaved Fish, plus a few other songs, including live versions of "Come Together" and "Yer Blues" as well as "Well (Baby Please Don't Go)" from the Lennon 4 CD box I bought shortly after my head injury.

Kenny Chesney - a few songs I downloaded from iTunes, including "Beer in Mexico", "Guitars and Tiki Bars" and "When the Sun Goes Down"

Led Zeppelin - Led Zeppelin III - I used to listen to this on LP with Michael McGovern

Little Feat - Waiting for Columbus

Lou Reed - Rock and Roll Animal - downloaded from iTunes

Lucinda Williams - "King of Hearts" - also downloaded by Kim Antonick as a way of remembering our relationship.

Lynyrd Skynyrd - "Simple Man"

Marshall Tucker - "Heard it in a love song"

Neil Young - "Yonder Stands the Sinner"

Pete Townshend - "Let's See Action", "Pure and Easy" and "Sheraton Gibson", all from his first solo album, Who Came First

The Rolling Stones - Sticky Fingers, Exile on Main Street

Santana - Multi-Dimensional Warrior

The Traveling Wilburys - "Tweeter and the Monkey Man"

Van Morrison - Days Like This - my parents gave this to me as a gift in 1995 or 1996.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home